Constructing of Fourth Mainland Bridge (4MB) begins In Q1 2024, right here are 10 things to know referring to the 37-kilometre bridge.
The Lagos Assure Authorities shriek that the arrive of the proposed 37-kilometre Fourth Mainland Bridge (4MB) will originate “by the finish of March or April” – in the principle quarter of this one year.
The Governor of Lagos Assure, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, disclosed this on Thursday in his keynote tackle through the Lagos West Senatorial District Town Hall Meeting held on the Balmoral Convention Centre, Sheraton, Ikeja.
Here are 10 things to know referring to the proposed 37-kilometre, Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge as compiled by Autojosh.
1) The proposed Fourth Mainland Bridge (4MB) is a 2 x 4 lane carriageway putrid-sectional avenue with permission for BRT Lane and future avenue building. In step with the Lagos Assure Authorities, the project is anticipated to be done in four years – doubtless 2027.
2) Lagos Assure Authorities had on Dec 29, 2022, announced Messrs. CCECC—CRCCIG Consortium as primarily the most well-most approved bidder for the arrive of the Fourth Mainland Bridge (4MB) project.
3) The $2.5 billion project used to be to designate the allege an estimated sum of ₦844 billion in the 2017 price range. Every other sum of $2.2 billion used to be proposed by the Lagos Assure Authorities for the arrive in September 2020.
4) The Lagos Assure Authorities says that the Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge (4MB) project will relief operate about 5000 jobs for younger engineers, including that properties alongside the project corridor are anticipated to love geometrically.
5) When done, 4MB is anticipated to change into the 2d longest bridge in Africa with three toll plazas, nine interchanges, a 4.5 kilometre Lagoon Bridge and an eco-pleasant setting.
6) The bridge is without doubt one of many precedence solutions to slice again congestion on the gift Carter Bridge, Eko Bridge and the 11.8-km Third Mainland bridges while opening current areas of the City for future trends.
7) The 4MB Project is a proposed Public Non-public Partnership (PPP) transport infrastructure construction. It’s going to comprise of the arrive and operation of a greenfield tolled avenue and bridge with a fabricate dawdle of 120km/h, including the arrive of adjacent true estates.
8) It’s miles furthermore anticipated to span about 37-kilometres, starting from Abraham Adesanya in Ajah, on the Eti-Osa-Lekki-Epe corridor and traverse the North West in direction of the Lagoon shoreline of the Lagos-Ibadan Throughway thru Owutu/Isawo in Ikorodu.
9) One of the crucial arrive corporations that expressed pastime in the project involves :
Julius Berger Nigeria, China Civil Engineering Constructing Corporation (CCECC), CRCCCI Nigeria, China Assure Constructing and Engineering Corporation Nigeria Ltd and Bua World Ltd.
10) Whereas CCECC-CRCCIG emerged as primarily the most well-most approved bidder for the Fourth Mainland Bridge Project, LASG acknowledged that Messrs. MOTA-ENGIL (NIGERIA & AFRICA), CCCC & CRBC CONSORTIUM are the reserved bidder.